Adairs make instructor training simple
We are a working driving school; on courses you will gain valuable experience with real pupils.
We started our driving school on 1995, as part of our ongoing efforts to improve the quality of our driving tuition, we introduced in house instructor training in 1997. We currently have 10 cars and expand year on year, in 2002 we set up full instructor training available to anyone wishing to become a DSA approved driving instructor.
I have worked in training for over 20 years. I am a Grade 6 instructor. I have completed the City and Guilds certificate in teaching adult learners. We consulted with our local DSA supervising examiner before constructing the base elements of our courses, the base elements are as follows:
- We offer a free home advice visit to show you our study materials and to ensure you understand fully the industry you are entering and have a realistic view to time scales e.t.c.
- Flexible units to enable us to structure the course to suit your ability and current commitments.
- Supply all reference books including our own full syllabus manual and home study workbook.
- One to One tuition in all in car instruction.
- You will observe a high-grade instructor giving real driving lessons.
- Mock tests arranged for all stages.
- Trainee licence and full time job waiting for you at Adairs school of motoring.
- Reduced fees if further tuition is required.
"Can anyone apply to be an Approved Driving Instructor?"
- You must hold a full British or European driving licence for at least three and a half years.
- You must be a fit and proper person-i.e. Have no criminal convictions unless they are spent.
- You must be able to read a car number plate at a distance of 27.5m (90 feet).
"What is the Register Qualifying Examination?"
The qualifying examination is in three parts.
- An IT based theory test
- A practical test of your driving ability
- A practical test of your ability to instruct
Please note you get three attempts at each exam and must pass all three exams within a two-year period.
I successfully completed driving instructor training with Adairs School of Motoring. The training was always very professional and informative, but also very friendly and enjoyable, I passed all my exams the first attempt and now work full time.
I would recommend Adair's to anyone thinking of training for a new career as a driving instructor. — Steve Anderson.
Driving lessons around: Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, Tyneside, Northumberland, Blyth Valley, Heaton, Wallsend, Walker, Fenham, Benwell, Kingston park, Kenton, Denton burn, Gosforth Killingworth, North shields, Tynemouth, Whitlybay, Colourcoats, Seaton, Sluce, Blyth, Seaton, Dela val, Seghill, Annitsford, Cramlington, Bedlington, Stakeford, Ashington, Morpeth and Ponteland